Hair transplant is being practiced since the late 1950s, but the techniques have evolved so much since then. There are a lot of advancements made which have been getting practiced in recent times. It has elevated the hair transplant procedure completely and it will keep getting better with time. Along with this, there comes a lot of possible things that you must practice after your hair transplant in Bhubaneswar and there are also a lot of undoable things that you should quit doing if you have not, already.
The following are some do’s that you should practice post-surgery –
- It is mandatory and essential to have a good healthy intake that is full of nutritional elements like vitamins, iron, calcium etc. You should not take your diet for granted. You should stick to your diet and swear by it as it cannot be skipped.
- It is highly recommended by doctors that you should avoid touching or running your fingers through your head as it can sabotage the implantation and destroy the desired results. It is not like you cannot feel it your entire life but it needs a bit of gentle care in the initial post-surgery days. You need to be careful about not touching your head frequently and be extremely gentle and soft if it is required to be touched.
- It is suggested by doctors that you should sleep in a position where your head is slightly elevated from your body. It should be at a 45-degree angle while your body is lying straight against the bed. Basically, your head needs to be above your chest level which you can do by adding a single or two pillows beneath your head. This is suggested in order to avoid swelling in your head and to give an accurate position for your head to rest.
- You should have someone who drives you home after your surgery is done. You should not drive immediately after your surgery is performed as it can result in something unhappening. Also, hydrate yourself nicely prior to your procedure. It will help in blood circulation which can benefit the treatment.
The following are some don’ts that you should quit practicing post-surgery –
- You should avoid sleeping flat on the bed which means your body level and head level should not match. Your head must be lifted and do not rub it against the pillow. Be careful about your sleeping position and if you feel swelling or headache then immediately concern a doctor.
- It is very natural that there will be a crust formation or scabs will start growing around the surgical area but it doesn’t mean that you should peel it off or disturb it. Let it heal completely on its own and do not wash your hair post three days of your procedure.
- You should try to prevent your scalp from direct sunlight for a longer period of time. It should not come in contact with the sunlight for at least two weeks post your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause sunburn which is not good for hair transplanted scalp.
- Try to avoid alcohol and smoking in the first month of surgery as you need blood circulation in the body and alcohol or smoking can lead to dehydration of the body and hinder blood flow.