In Hair transplant surgery, hair follicles are transplanted from one area of your head to a different area to get rid of bald patches and other problems like thinning of hair.
It can be done by two different techniques which are – Follicular Unit Excision (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT).
Follicular Unit Excision (FUE) is one of the two primary techniques to go through your hair transplant surgery. It is also called follicular transfer (FT) and is performed to obtain naturally grown hairline and eliminate baldness or receding of hair. Lately, it has become more popular and preferred over the FUT technique because in FUT a whole layer of skin from the donor area was peeled along with the follicles and implanted in the recipient’s area. In this regard, you can also consider a successful hair transplant in Bhubaneswar. It is not a very complex procedure but it is good to follow some pre-steps beforehand. It can help you in your surgery and fasten the recovery duration. The following are some preparation measures you can take before your FUE hair transplant treatment –
- Consumption of alcohol or smoking should be put to a halt at least 3 days before the treatment has started.
- Aspirins and blood thinners must be avoided at least 2 days before the surgery
- Don’t take any diet supplements, vitamins or additional meal substitutes
- Haircuts must be avoided before the surgery.
- You should have an electrocardiogram (ECG) before your surgery
- If you are running with some medication course, be regular with it.
- The scalp should be massaged well on a daily basis for about 15-20 mins for 6-7 days before the surgery.
Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) is another technique of a hair transplant that is slightly traditional and performed differently as compared to the FUE method. In this method, your surgeon cuts a strip from the side or back of your scalp to extract the hair follicles. Then these hair follicles extracted from the donor area are implanted in the recipient area where your hair is thinning or completely bald. This surgery works best for male pattern baldness but is not as advanced as FUE treatments. It does have slight side effects post-surgery.
Deductively, follicular unit Excision is more advanced and beneficial as compared to follicular unit transplant. It is preferred and recommended in preponderance. So, considering all the aspects of hair transplant surgery it is a safe and more natural treatment.